Who We Are
We are a premium visitor attraction at the top of the European Union's (EU) tallest building, and London’s newest landmark, The Shard. Designed by Master Architect Renzo Piano, the Shard redefines London’s skyline and has become a dynamic symbol of London. At a height of up to 800ft or 244m, we offer spectacular views over London for up to 40 miles. We are almost twice as high as any other vantage point in the city, and the only place where visitors can see the entire city at once.
Book your tickets now for your chance to see London in high definition.
London Landmarks: Guaranteed
‘You’ll be walking on air amongst the clouds, but if they spoil your view, you can return for free’
In the unlikely event that you can't see at least three of the following landmarks - London Eye, St Paul’s Cathedral, The Gherkin, Tower Bridge and One Canada Square - on the day of your visit, we will issue each member of your party with a ticket to return for free within three months. To claim your free return visit, speak to a staff member at the ticket desk on level 1.
Guests embark in high-speed ‘kaleidoscopic’ lifts to ascend to the first triple-height viewing platform on Level 69. State-of-the-art interactive touchscreen telescopes enable guests to explore the views in greater detail, with information about 200 landmarks in 10 languages and alternative day, night, sunrise and sunset views. The View’s team of knowledgeable Guest Ambassadors are on hand to answer any questions and bring the view to life.
Ascending to Level 72, the open-air viewing gallery, guests can gaze up to the very top of the building as the shards of glass that form the spire disappear into the sky. Exposed to the elements, they can take in the atmosphere and sounds of the city.
The View from The Shard also features two boutiques; including The Sky Boutique on Level 68 – the highest shop in London. Both stores offer a wide range of bespoke designs and limited edition souvenirs, from guidebooks to champagne, and even a cuddly Romeo the fox toy in honour of the fox found roaming the upper levels of The Shard during its construction. We can deliver your purchases for you at a small fee, email us for more information.
We pride ourselves on delivering 5* service and encourage all our employees to give guests the best possible experience. If someone has exceeded your expectations and delivered outstanding customer service during your visit you can nominate them here for recognition.
Good To Know
- All tickets are dated and timed for your arrival, but once at the viewing platforms the experience is enjoyed at your leisure, with no time restriction on your stay.
- Admission to our viewing galleries will only be valid on the date and time stated on your ticket.
- Visits using gift certificates must be pre-booked at least 24 hours in advance.
- To ensure our visitor’s safety, we operate airport style security and you will need to submit to an electronic body scan and have any baggage or personal items scanned before entry. Please note that CCTV and other audio and visual recording will be undertaken for the safety and security of visitors and staff.
- Certain items cannot be brought in to The View including large bags and rucksacks, generally over the size of 22 x 15 x 8 inches (55 x 38 x 20 cm) or other large equipment.
- Although we have no cloakroom facility for bags, folded pushchairs can be left in the designated area in the booking hall for free but bags and coats cannot be left with them.
- Please be advised that open containers of food or drink cannot be brought into the visitor attraction.
- Visitors are welcome to bring hand-held cameras and video equipment to create images and footage for their own personal, non-commercial use. We regret that tripods and monopods are not permitted onsite. Any media or commercial photography and filming must be approved in advance by The View from The Shard’s press office.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult aged sixteen or over. Infants aged up to three are not charged for entry and will not need a ticket. Children aged four to fifteen will need a valid ticket.
- We may carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring which may feature visitors and copyright and all other intellectual property rights in these materials rests with us or such authorised third party.
“…dizzying reviews” Evening Standard
“…a most amazing place” Sky News
“… pretty damn spectacular” Time Out London blog
“...do look down, the view’s lovely.” Evening Standard
“Yours for £25: the best view in town.” “It’s London as you’ve never seen it before.” The Times
“It is undeniably unique.” “… it is hard not to conclude that this will become a definitive London experience.” The Guardian
"The Guardian’s interactive view from the top of The Shard" The Guardian