The New Year has swung around yet again and now that the last of the winter’s bubbly has been drank, you may find yourself yearning for a break from alcohol. So, you may have made the decision to participate in Dry January. This challenge began in 2012 as a public health initiative from the charity, Alcohol Change UK. The challenge has many health benefits for its participants including mental health benefits, weight loss, better sleep and stronger immune systems – not to mention the money you will save!
So, are you participating in Dry January 2022? The challenge is now well under way and if you are beginning to struggle then do not worry! We have numerous tips and tricks to help you successfully complete 31 days sober.
- Change your perspective. Its important to change your perspective around this challenge, don’t view it as ‘missing out’ and instead see it as an opportunity to develop new hobbies, skills and begin healthier lifestyle trends.
- Partner up. Find yourself a wingman during this sober journey. It will make this challenge more exciting and fun to have a companion going through this journey with you.
- Treat yourself. Rewarding yourself throughout this challenge is important. Alcohol is expensive, so why not use some of the money you have saved up from not drinking to treat yourself! You deserve it.
- Begin Journaling. Consider why you have chosen to take a break from drinking and write it down. Then, whenever you feel the need to have a drink you can reflect upon why you wanted to do this and remind yourself of your goals.
- New (Sober) Adventures. Make sober plans with your friends and families. Just because you are not drinking does not mean you cannot go out and have fun! Why not join us for our Silent Disco on the 29th January 2022? Live it up at the top of London all the while avoiding the dreaded hangover the next day! Tickets are available here: https://checkout.timeout.com/london/time-out-silent-disco-at-the-view-from-the-shard-54503/
- Goal Setting. Set yourself specific goals. Remind yourself why you started this challenge and really identify what you want to get out of this month.
- Alcohol-free bubbles. Stock up on alcohol free alternatives. There has been amazing developments in the alcohol-free industry, we personally recommend trying out Thomson & Scott range of Noughty alcohol-free alternatives to Champagne. In particular, their Noughty Alcohol-Free Organic Vegan Sparkling Rosé has been dealcoholised to retain the rich flavour of this beautifully crafted bottle.
- Try an alternative. Try out delicious mocktails. At The View from The Shard, we have a terrific range of mocktails that can be enjoyed whilst taking in the breath-taking views of England’s capital city, London!
Best of luck to everyone completing this challenge! As an act of encouragement this Dry January, The View from The Shard has partnered up with Thomson & Scott to bring all of you participating in this cause a giveaway! We are giving away two standard tickets to The View from the Shard and one bottle of Noughty Alcohol-Free Sparkling Rose. Head over to @Thomson&Scott and @TheViewfromTheShard Facebook pages to find out how to enter, the giveaway ends 18th October at 5pm. Please read the terms and conditions for more information. Cheers!