Autumn has creeped up on us yet again and as the leaves turn orange and crisp the annual Sober October has swung back around. Whether you religiously participate in the annual fundraising campaign ‘Go Sober for October’ or are a complete newbie you will have heard of this challenge raising money for Macmillan Cancer Research. This challenges people to stop drinking for the 31 days in October and to make healthy lifestyle changes for the month. All while raising money for this charity who offer information and support to individuals impacted by cancer.
So, are you participating in Sober October 2021? The challenge is well under way and if you are beginning to struggle then don’t worry! We have numerous tips to help you complete your Sober October:
- Its important to change your perspective around this challenge, don’t view it as ‘missing out’ and instead see it as an opportunity to develop new hobbies, skills and begin healthier lifestyle trends.
- Find yourself a wingman during this sober journey. It will make this challenge more exciting and fun to have a companion going through this journey with you.
- Make sober plans with your friends and families. Just because you are not drinking does not mean you cannot go out and have fun! Why not join us for our Weekend Warm Up event on the 23rd October? Live it up at the top of London all the while avoiding the dreaded hangover the next day! Tickets are available here: https://www.designmynight.com/london/event-space/london-bridge/the-view-from-the-shard/the-weekend-warmup-rooftop-day-party-at-the-top-of-at-the-shard?t=tickets
- Set yourself specific goals. Remind yourself why you started this challenge and really identify what you want to get out of this month.
- Remember to reward yourself. Alcohol is expensive, so why not use some of the money you have saved up from not drinking to treat yourself! You deserve it.
- Stock up on alcohol free alternatives. There has been amazing developments in the alcohol-free industry, we personally recommend trying out Thomson & Scott range of Noughty alcohol-free alternatives to Champagne. In particular, their Noughty Alcohol-Free Organic Vegan Sparkling Rosé has been dealcoholised to retain the rich flavour of this beautifully crafted bottle.
- Try out delicious mocktails. At The View from The Shard, we have a terrific range of mocktails that can be enjoyed whilst taking in the breath-taking views of England’s capital city, London!
Best of luck to everyone completing this challenge! As an act of encouragement this Sober October, The View from The Shard has partnered up with Thomson & Scott to bring all of you participating in this cause a giveaway! We are giving away two standard tickets to The View from the Shard and one bottle of Noughty Alcohol-Free Sparkling Rose. Head over to @noughtyaf and @shardview Instagram pages to find out how to enter, the giveaway ends 18th October at 5pm. Cheers!