For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Shard Viewing Gallery Management Limited of 32 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9SG, England with company registration number 07870852 ("SVGM").
Information we may collect from you
We may collect the following information from you from time to time:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site, purchasing tickets, raising enquiries, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, though you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- Details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- Information, financial or otherwise, that permits and facilitates the purchase of tickets through the Site.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- You can disable cookies or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent, but if you choose to do so you may not be able to access some areas of the Site.
- We shall seek consent from you prior to using cookies, should you wish to revoke this consent please inform us accordingly.
Where we store your personal data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted where possible. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use industry-standard methods and processes to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any purchase of tickets;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our ticketing services or changes to the operating of The View.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
Consent to use your data in this way can be given by ticking the relevant box situated on the form or webpage on which we collect your data or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to receive information. Your data will not be used in this way if you have not given this consent.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If SVGM or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We do not collect information with a view to selling it to unconnected third parties. However, in the unlikely event that any of the assets of SVGM were sold to a third party, details of our customers would be passed on to that third party as a part of the sale of the business
- Financial information that is collected is used to authorise payment for your tickets. When you make a purchase on the Site, your consent is given to provide your financial or personal information to those third parties necessary to process your transactions with us, such as credit card companies, banks and the companies that handle shipping on our behalf. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Except as provided above, we will not share financial information with third parties without your prior consent.
- You should be aware that we may release your personal information or financial information when we believe it is necessary to comply with laws or regulations, to assist law enforcement, to enforce the terms under which you transacted with us, or to protect the rights, property or safety of SVGM, users of the Site or others.
We encourage children under the age of 13 to consult with their parents before disclosing personal information via the Site. However, it is ultimately the responsibility of parents to supervise their children’s online activities and should consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing their name, address and other personal information online without parental permission. We shall use our reasonable endeavours, whenever possible, to ensure that personal information about or obtained from a child will not be used for commercial or trade purposes and that personal information will not be collected from children under 13 without the prior written consent of their parent or legal guardian.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will only use your data if you give us permission as outlined in Section 11. We will not disclose your information to third parties for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing and to cancel the permission you have given by contacting us at email@example.com.
- The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- Any purchase of tickets whether online or offline shall be subject to our Terms and Conditions.
- The Site is operated by the Shard Viewing Gallery Management Limited with company registration number 07870852.