“The View” means the viewing gallery at The Shard, London Bridge Quarter and any areas managed or operated by SVGM at The Shard, London Bridge Quarter including the entrance lobby, booking hall, elevators and levels 33, 68, 69, 70, 71 and 72;
“SVGM” means Shard Viewing Gallery Management Limited based at The Shard, 32 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9SG, its officers, directors, employees, agents and contractors;
“Visitor” and “Visitors” means a person who is in actual and legitimate possession of a valid and legitimate ticket (whether bought from The View or its contractors and agents) and, for the avoidance of doubt, includes any person who purchases, holds or uses a ticket to access The View.
Except for the entrance lobby and the booking hall, Visitors are only permitted to enter The View if they are in possession of a valid ticket. Visitors may be required to provide a proof of identification or, where applicable, the credit card used for the booking of such tickets.
Admission to The View will only be valid on the date and time stated on your ticket.
Visitors arriving before their allocated time will have to wait until the time stated on their ticket before being permitted entry to The View. You can enter The View from The Shard at any time up to thirty minutes after the time printed on your ticket. If you arrive later than 30 minutes we offer a re-booking charge of £15.
Any latecomers may have to wait until capacity is available for them to enter. SVGM cannot guarantee entry to any person arriving after the time stated on the ticket. SVGM reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry to or remove from The View or the vicinity any person for any reason whatsoever including any person who:
- has been convicted of a criminal offence which, in the opinion of SVGM is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other Visitors;
- has behaved in a manner or has threatened to behave in a manner which, in the opinion of SVGM has, or is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other Visitors or staff at The View;
- has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace;
- is or appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol; or
- has breached these terms and conditions.
SVGM will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that The View is open for use by Visitors during normal opening hours. However, SVGM reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to close The View or any part of it. In the event of full closure, tickets will be changed for an alternative date or time, but if that is not convenient, a refund of the ticket price (not including any processing fees) will be provided and Visitors agree that SVGM shall have no further liability to any affected Visitor.
SVGM shall not be liable for any costs, losses, damages or any expenses whatsoever, including but not limited to any liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses, in respect of closure of part or all of The View.
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Please note that The View is situated at a height which may not be suitable to all children. SVGM accepts no responsibility for any harm or distress caused as a result of such conditions.
Children aged three and under are not charged for entry and so do not require a ticket.
Children must be under the control of the adult accompanying them at all times whilst at The View and its vicinity.
Search of person and personal belongings
SVGM reserves the right to request Visitors to submit to a search of their person and/or belongings at any time for security purposes. Anyone refusing to submit to or found to be in possession of materials which SVGM believes to be dangerous or unsuitable may be refused entry and/or removed from The View and its vicinity.
SVGM further reserves the right to request Visitors to submit to an electronic body scan and to screen any personal items as it deems appropriate. In addition, SVGM may request Visitors to remove items from their bags or person to be scanned separately including but not limited to belts, shoes, jacket, laptops, hairdryers, large electrical items and liquids.
Free carer ticket for disabled guests who require assistance
If you are registered disabled and require assistance during your visit, we can provide a free entry ticket for a carer.
You may purchase your ticket in advance from our website or from a third party and we can issue a free ticket for your carer when you arrive. To obtain your free carer ticket you will need to produce any of the following documentation to a member of staff at our Fast Track ticket desk:
• Entitlement to Disability Living Allowance for children under 16 or Personal Independent payments for those aged 16-64, either in the form of a letter stating that the benefit has been awarded, or the actual Allowance book
• Attendance Allowance or Carer’s Allowance letter of award
• Incapacity Benefit books, or a letter notifying the recipient that the benefit has been awarded
• A Blue or Orange badge, or
• In the case of visual impairment, a registration card known as the BD8 or a Certificate of Visual Impairment (CVI).
• International Proof of Disability (ISA (international symbol of access) or similar must be printed on it)
As your documentation will be checked at our Fast Track ticket desk, you’ll not need to queue in the main line, provided you have purchased your ticket prior to arrival.
Free carer tickets provide standard entry only to The View from The Shard during regular operating hours. It does not include food, beverage, merchandise or experiences, or entry to special events.
Payments for all ticket types and gift certificates are non-refundable.
Dates and times of booked tickets can be amended with no less than two weeks’ notice before the time and date shown on the ticket. This service will be subject to a processing fee of £15.
Save as otherwise permitted by SVGM, all persons visiting The View must pay for admission prior to entering either in advance over the internet, via an approved third party provider, via the call centre or at the ticket desk in the ticket hall. Tickets may be in the form of official ticket stock, print at home tickets or e-tickets sent by e-mail. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any employee or agent of The View. Any person attempting to gain admission to The View without a valid ticket may be ejected from The View and its vicinity.
Please be aware that some (but not all): (a) types of tickets; and (b) products and merchandise are available for purchase online through The View website (www.theviewfromtheshard.com). For the avoidance of doubt, such tickets and products are available in limited quantities and each purchase will be subject to availability. Tickets purchased in advance through the website may be discounted to promote advanced booking. Such discounts may not be available on the day of purchase or for advanced walk up sales at the ticket desks in the ticket hall. SVGM reserves the rights to withdraw or change such discounts at any time.
Online and Telephone Ticket Sales
By placing an order for tickets through our website or via the telephone you are making a request to purchase tickets for The View. Acceptance of your request shall take place once SVGM has processed your payment and has sent you an e-mail confirming the booking, or has confirmed payment on the telephone.
It is not possible to use any promotional vouchers or codes or gift cards through the website or via telephone bookings unless expressly stated otherwise.
SVGM shall not be responsible in the event you make an error when purchasing your ticket(s) (including selecting the wrong date and time or the wrong number of tickets). Please check that your selection is correct as any changes to tickets purchased will be subject to a processing fee of £15.
Tickets purchased through the website or via the telephone may incur a card handling and/or processing fee which is payable in addition to the ticket price. Such fees shall be notified to you at the point of purchase. By sending or making a request to book tickets you agree to pay this card handling and/or processing fee in addition to the ticket price.
Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number of purchases per credit card. SVGM reserve the right to refuse or cancel such ticket purchases that are in excess of this number.
Financial information that is collected is used to authorise payment for your tickets. When you make a purchase on the booking website or via the telephone, your consent is given to provide your financial or personal information to those third parties necessary to process your transactions with us, such as credit card companies, banks and the companies that handle shipping on our behalf. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You should be aware that SVGM may release your personal information or financial information when we believe it is necessary to comply with laws or regulations, to assist law enforcement, to enforce the terms under which you transacted with us, or to protect the rights, property or safety of SVGM, users of the booking website or others.
Delivery of tickets
Tickets will be delivered either by: (i) e-mail; or (ii) collected at the reception or box office of The View.
Once received by the Visitor, the Visitor is solely responsible for the safeguarding of the ticket(s).
If tickets have not been received within seven days before the date and time to which the ticket(s) relate, it is the sole responsibility of the Visitor to contact SVGM at email@example.com.
No reproduction of the tickets is permitted.
Food and drink
Only food and beverages purchased in The View may be consumed in The View except during specific approved events. Food and liquid in open containers cannot be brought into The View.
Such restrictions are waived where such food or drink is required for medical reasons or for infants.
SVGM may carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring in The View which may feature Visitors. You agree that SVGM or any authorised third party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright and all other intellectual property rights in these materials rests with SVGM or such authorised third party (as the case may be).
Visitors are welcome to bring hand-held cameras and video equipment to create images and footage for their own personal, non-commercial use. We regret that tripods are not permitted onsite. Any media or commercial photography and filming must be approved in advance by The View from The Shard’s press office.
Flash photography may be used during your visit.
Health and safety
Visitors must remain within permitted areas and must adhere to SVGM’s health and safety procedures and guidelines and must follow any instructions given by SVGM or staff members at The View. A Visitor is, however, responsible for his or her own safety and for the safety of any accompanying children.
The View is located at a height which may cause vertigo, discomfort or nausea for some Visitors. SVGM accepts no responsibility for any harm or distress caused as a result of such conditions.
Entry to The View is by a lift travelling up to six metres per second. The change in pressure caused by the movement of the lift can cause ear complications for some guests (ear barotrauma). Guests suffering with a congested nose from allergies, colds, or an upper respiratory infection are more likely to develop barotrauma. This is an issue that is present with the use of many lifts and the View are not liable for any discomfort experienced through the normal use of the lifts.
Strobe lighting may be used in The View. The use of these special effects are intermittent, and while every effort is made to ensure the wellbeing of Visitors, SVGM does advise that if any Visitor has a pre-existing condition that could be exacerbated by exposure to any of these special effects, then these Visitors should not enter The View.
SVGM has the exclusive right to determine what items may be brought into The View. SVGM will not store any confiscated item, and Visitors will have no right to request the return of any confiscated item.
Visitors must keep personal belongings with them at all times. SVGM accepts no responsibility for the loss, theft or damage to any personal items.
Pushchairs cannot be taken into The View and a facility to store these free of charge at the Visitor’s own risk is provided near the ticket desk in the ticket hall. Pushchairs must be folded if stored in this area and no bags or coats can be left on the pushchair.
Large items, including bags, bicycles or large photographic equipment may be prohibited from being taken to The View. Such items cannot be left within the premises of The View.
It is prohibited to take into The View any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles, flammable liquids or other dangerous articles which may cause injury.
Unnecessary noise, (such as that from the use of radio sets, personal stereos and other electrical equipment), or any other antisocial or disruptive behaviour likely to cause annoyance to other Visitors or confusion of any kind is not permitted in The View and will result in immediate removal from The View or its vicinity.
Visitors must not engage in any conduct towards, or speak to, any member of SVGM or The View staff, agents or other Visitors in a manner which may offend, insult, intimidate or threaten any person on any basis whatsoever, including but not limited to race, religion, colour, ethnicity, gender or physical attributes.
SVGM reserves the right to refuse entry to The View for persons who have breached these terms and conditions on a previous occasion.
There will be times where the visibility at The View will be low or non-existent in particular weather conditions. SVGM shall not be liable to provide a refund, or for any loss or damage, direct or indirect (including for claims relating to the loss of enjoyment or for travel expenses) as a result of such low visibility conditions. On days of zero visibility and at the discretion of the SVGM Duty Manager, upon request a voucher will be issued allowing re-entry at another date and time within three months if there is appropriate ticket availability.
Limitation of liability
Subject to clause 4, and other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of SVGM or any other liability that cannot be excluded by law, SVGM shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising, including without limitation, for any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any visit for: any closure to The View; or evacuation from The View in the event of an incident or accident.
SVGM and its directors and officers accept no responsibility for any loss, theft or damage of a Visitor’s personal property. A Visitor will release SVGM from any liability for any loss or damage to personal property they may suffer in relation to his or her attendance at The View.
SVGM shall not be liable for any delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under these terms and conditions if such delay or failure result from events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in The View.
Pets or animals of any nature are expressly prohibited in The View except for guide dogs and hearing dogs.
No ticket may be resold without the previous written consent of SVGM. If SVGM reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold without such consent, the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from The View without payment of compensation.
Please be aware that discounts may be given against some ticket types but these discounts can be withdrawn without notice.
Where a discount is given for students, identification will be required at the point of entry or when collecting tickets to prove that the person using the ticket is a full time student. This will be in the form of an ISIC or NUS photo ID card.
The View and its website is operated by the Shard Viewing Gallery Management Limited with company registration number 07870852 and VAT registration number 133 8878 80 (“SVGM”).
We reserve the right to amend or vary these terms and conditions from time to time by notifying you or placing updated terms and conditions on our website.
These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim brought under these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Access to the website
Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the Site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- All materials on the Site and all intellectual property rights in the Site are owned and/or controlled by SVGM and its licensors. All material on the Site are protected by copyright. Permission is granted only to electronically copy and/or print in hard copy portions of the Site for personal non-commercial purposes. Any other use of the materials on the Site (including but not limited to making such material available on any other website, online service, bulletin board or networked computer environment) is strictly prohibited.
- Sunrise and Sunset times are provided by https://sunrise-sunset.org/api
- The Site may include links to other websites that may be of interest to you. We do not endorse or approve and have no responsibility for the content of any website to which the Site links including but not limited to any advertising, marketing, promotions, products or services available from such websites, nor for any loss caused by the use of or reliance on the content of such external websites.
- No authority is given (expressly or implied) by us or the contributors to the Site to deep link to or to frame any of the content that appears on the Site or to use any representation of any of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, branding or logos that appear on the Site. Linking to the Site is prohibited.
- Whilst SVGM has taken reasonable precaution and care in compiling the Site, we do not make any representations or warranties of any kind (expressly or implied) with respect to the content or operation of the Site and any such representations and warranties are excluded by this notice. We do not warrant that use of the Site will be uninterrupted or error free.
- Your use of the Site and the materials contained in it are done so entirely at your own risk. SVGM does not accept any liability for losses or damages, whether direct or indirect, that you may suffer as a result of your use of the Site or your reliance on the content of the Site including but not limited to visiting time slots, computer service or system failure, access delays or interruption, data non-delivery or mis-delivery, computer viruses or other harmful components, breaches of security or unauthorised use of the system arising from “hacking” or otherwise.
- The Site is made available on the basis that all liability whatsoever for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your use of the Site, or reliance on the content of the Site, is excluded by us to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any page posted on the Site shall be subject to correction or deletion (as appropriate) without any liability on our part. We aim to update the Site regularly and may change the content at any time. Any of the material on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Compliance with applicable laws
You agree not to use the Site (or any part of it) for any illegal purpose and agree to use it in accordance with all applicable laws. You agree not to upload or transmit through the Site any computer viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer. You will not upload or transmit through the Site any material that is defamatory, offensive or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety. You will not use the Site in any manner that violates or infringes the rights of any person or company (including but not limited to rights of intellectual property, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy). You agree that violation of any of these obligations may result in us terminating your access to the Site.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold SVGM, its licensors, affiliates, officers, agents and other partners and employees harmless from any and all loss, liability, claim or demand made by a third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site. SVGM reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to fully co-operate with SVGM’s defence of such claim.
- The Site is operated by the Shard Viewing Gallery Management Limited with company registration number 07870852 and VAT registration number 133887880. We reserve the right to amend or vary these terms and conditions from time to time by placing updated terms and conditions on the Site.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim brought under these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Competition Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions together with any specific rules that may be stated to apply to individual competitions shall apply to all competitions run by Shard Viewing Gallery Management Limited (“SVGM”) unless otherwise expressly stated.
- In the event of any discrepancy between these terms and conditions and any specific terms and conditions for individual competitions as stated by SVGM or any of its partners, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- SVGM reserves the right to (i) cancel this competition, (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry, and (iii) amend these terms and conditions (and will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants in such instances).
- SVGM reserves the right to cancel or amend competitions or terms and conditions without notice in the event of any event outside our reasonable control. Any changes will be posted within these terms and conditions
- Prize is as stated in the competition copy (usually one pair of tickets for The View from The Shard, unless otherwise stated).
- Tickets are valid only for the date and time stated in the competition copy and/or as agreed with SVGM; please note that timed entry is in operation and entry times for winners may be allocated at random between 0900 – 2200hrs. SVGM will endeavour to allocate entry times that reflect each winner’s stated preference (morning/afternoon/evening) where possible but this cannot be guaranteed. Tickets are valid only for the date and time stated on the tickets and cannot be exchanged for alternative dates/times.
- If gift certificates are offered as the prize, these are valid for 12 months and must be redeemed by the expiry date.
- SVGM accepts no responsibility for any ancillary costs and expenses associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money, travel, accommodation arrangements and any other expenses unless specifically stated are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any alternative prize.
- Prizes are non-transferable.
Entrants and eligibility
- The competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland who are aged 18 or over only. Proof of age may be required before the prize is awarded.
- Employees of SVGM and their immediate families, as well as SVGM’s agents, associated companies or anyone professionally connected with this promotion or the operation of The View from The Shard are not eligible to enter each competition.
- Only one entry to the competition per person is permitted. In the case of multiple entries to the competition the first dated entry will be registered.
- No purchase is required.
- Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified in each competition. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry. SVGM reserves the right to extend the closing date.
- SVGM reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants and disqualify an entrant for submitting false information, if there are reasonable grounds to believe entrant is not eligible or has otherwise breached any of these terms and conditions.
- In the event that any winner is disqualified from the competition, SVGM in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In such an event, any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these terms and conditions.
- Zing Flowers deliver throughout mainland UK. Please see their flower delivery information for further details.
- Entrants must be able to provide a name, address and contact number to arrange delivery of the prize.
- Delivery of the flowers will be arranged with the winner at a date suitable to them.
- The prizes will be delivered by Yodel couriers.
- The Prize is one New Romance Bouquet.
- Global reserves the right to substitute the prizes with another prize at its absolute discretion.
- SVGM accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible or fail to reach SVGM by the relevant closing date for any reason, including without limitation, any errors, omissions, interruptions or delays in operation or transmission, any technical malfunction of any telephone network or communications line failure, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or for traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any website or any unauthorised human act.
- Proof of posting or e-mailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery for entries.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to supply correct and up-to-date contact details.
- Prize winners will be chosen at random, unless specified otherwise, from all eligible entries and the winner will be notified within 28 days of the competition closing date if they have been successful by email and/or post. Once notified by SVGM, winners will need to contact SVGM to arrange collection or delivery of their prize. If collection is being made in person, the winner will need to bring a proof of identity e.g. birth certificate, driver’s licence or passport.
- Prizes may be withdrawn or reallocated to another entrant (selected by the same process and subject to the same terms and conditions) if the original winner fails to contact us to confirm acceptance of the prize within 21 days of notification.
- Winners may be asked to take part in promotional activity and SVGM reserves the right to use the names and locations of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity, both in paper and online. Each winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and materials as SVGM requires.
- All winners shall be subject to the standard terms and conditions of entry for The View from The Shard which are available to view on SVGM’s website.
- To the extent permissible by law, SVGM cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering a competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
- By entering this competition entrants agree to share their personal data with SVGM. SVGM is compliant with its obligations under the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 and shall ensure that the personal information entrants provide is kept secure and is processed fairly and lawfully. SVGM will not pass this information onto third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
- This competition is being run by or on behalf of Shard Viewing Gallery Management Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with company registration number 7870852 whose registered office is at 51 Grosvenor Street, London, W1K 3HH.
- The prize draw, together with these terms and conditions, are governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.